Sunday, November 23, 2008

sunday dinner - rotisserie chicken with fingerling potatoes

There's something so relaxing and routine about Sunday. Lattes and Sunday Morning in the a.m.; maybe a few errands in the afternoon; a good long walk with the dog; and most every Sunday, Choppers and I make a deliberate choice to have a fantastic "Sunday Dinner".  

Today I got a new cookbook - Dinner at My Place, by Tyler Florence. How I love his recipes! Most often scrumptious, and very user-friendly. He's easy on the eyes, and I'm getting the impression there aren't enough "o's" in smooth to describe this chef. The show is cool, the website is cool, and even the music on his web site is cool. Rock on Tyler. Rock. On.

Anyway, back to the cookbook. I am already half-way through reading this one, and there are a stack of drool-inducing recipes and beautiful photos. Tonight it's the rotisserie chicken with lemon, garlic and fresh bay leaves. We are serving this with his lemon roasted fingerling potatoes (and Chardonnay!). Definitely Sunday Dinner worthy.

And the icing on the proverbial cake is dessert - which I am "rehearsing" for Thanksgiving. Chocolate Pecan Pie. God help me.

No comments: