Monday, November 24, 2008

giving thanks - day one

Since the holiday is fast-approaching, it feels like a good time to start giving thanks. So that is what I will do this week. Every day, actually. Just one thing, (okay, maybe two, if it's a really good day) I'm thankful for on a daily basis. Fun!

And today...it's not chardonnay (horrors!), it's not food (though it could be, given the pecan pie leftovers). It's something that comes to me from the "lipstick" portion of my world. As half of the name of this site, you would think I would talk more about. Ah, well. 

So, here goes. Today I am thankful for spouses and/or significant others that pay attention, take notice, and compliment my clients (a.k.a. their wives and/or significant others)!! Is this goofy? To me, it is a sound that is as sweet as sweet can be (to borrow from my lovely Annapolis friend). And it makes my work wonderful!

Some of you lovely readers may know that I rep a specialty skin care line. Tonight, one of my new clients shared with me that not only has she noticed a difference in her skin since her new goodies arrived last Thursday. But her husband said he saw a difference too. Super sweet, no?! I mean, are men supposed to notice these things?

So to all you spouses and/or significant others out there (men especially) - check us out! Speak up! You never know how many people will be grateful for your kind words. Including me.

1 comment:

k e r r y said...

Tell us what she used... please! If a husband noticed then it has to be awesome! Which reminds me I need to buy some of the scrub and mask you let me sample :)