Wednesday, September 16, 2009

withdrawal

I think I'm going through training withdrawal. Now that the race is over, I really don't have to make myself get in the pool, get on the bike, go for a run. You know.

But I actually want to do all those things - and I can't! My leg injury is apparently a strain of some sort to my "I.T. Band". A friend of mine who is knowledgeable in all things muscular showed me a picture of it in her muscle/anatomy book last night. It's a long muscle-y, bone-y sort of thing that runs along the outside of your leg from your hip to your knee. And it's giving me a fit.

I went on a nice little 12 mile ride yesterday, and Bam! I get off the bike and hobble to my kitchen for an ice pack. Damn.

I know I need to take it easy and let it heal. I just don't want to lose my momentum. I'm sure swimming would be okay...but swimming in the ocean while on vacation next week is not an option. Blame it on Jaws.

So, a week's vacation it is. Hopefully that will be long enough so I can get back at it when I get home!

No comments: