Sunday, August 23, 2009

in training

Sorry I have been absent as of late. I've been just slightly consumed with a new goal I set for myself once my birthday hit. Milestones tend to do that to you, don't they? Anyway, I have decided to partake in a triathlon in September - and have been training for the last month+!!!

I am nervous and excited all at the same time. The course is considered a "sprint" of sorts - half-mile swim, 17.2 mile bike, and 4.9 mile run. Although certain elements of the race are a bit daunting, I know now that physically, I can do it. The race is September 12, so the next few weeks are critical!

I rode my bike for 20 or so miles today, but I'm not sure if I can count it. It was on a flat trail, and really, not that hard. Oh, and I stopped for lunch halfway through. So no, I guess that doesn't count - which means tomorrow is going to be a killer!

No comments: